Thursday, August 9, 2012

REVIEW: C.L. Knight's Dirty Little Rich Girl


   Ironically, I tend to read C.L. Knight’s fiction in the morning—night in the morning, if you will.  That, for me, is a mistake, simply because Ms. Knight gets deep inside my head, with images and imaginings I can’t shake.  Don’t get me wrong—it’s a very pleasant mistake.
   Mid-summer is a time for sleeping in a tee shirt, if anything at all, and I rose this morning intending to read the paper, as I often do.  I strolled down to the curb, remembering to bend at the knees to pick up the paper.  The neighbor’s teenager, recently out of high school, doesn’t seem to have much to do in the morning but watch out his window for me, so I have to bend at the knees.  Now when his father is outside, it’s a different story…but I digress.
   I checked the paper for our Olympic medal progress as I sat on the back deck with my coffee, but then suddenly remembered I had C.L. Knight’s sequel, Dirty Little Rich Girl, to read.  I placed my coffee mug on top of the paper and went inside to grab my iPad in order to peruse her newest eBook short story.
   Oh, my, Ms. Knight’s female protagonist, Tiffany, is literally a dirty little rich girl.  Deliciously so!  And still quite naughty, too!  At the end of the first installment, Tiffany seemed totally into Zach, her husband’s limo driver.  As this installment opens, immediately following the previous one time-wise, Tiffany doesn’t seem to have any interest in Zach.  Tiffany treats Zach as nothing more than the hired help.  One cold cucumber.
   Needless to say, since Zach is very into Tiffany, this leads to mucho frustration on Zach’s part.  The poor baby!  Doesn’t he know the games women play?
   And this is the area where C.L. Knight successfully gets into my head.  Like many, I’ve played hard to get.  It’s a fun part of the chase.  Okay, perhaps not as fun for the guy, but he’ll get his in the end (hee hee). 
   C.L. Knight’s tale of cat and mouse rings a true chord in my psyche.  I’ve definitely been a total bitch to my beau all day, only to start the night laying face down on the bed, naked, and casting a look over my shoulder that says, “Now take it out on my ass.”  Whether this is penance for me, or a reward for him, who can say?  But we both come out ahead in the end.  Yowza-yum!
   Zach dominates Tiffany in a satisfying (and memory evoking) way.  I want more!  I totally want to be dominated by shaggy haired Zach, and if I were in Tiffany’s heels, I would do exactly as she does, and provoke him into giving me what I need.
   C.L. Knight’s Dirty Little Rich Girl is an amuse bouche of titillation well worth the time spent reading.  I, for one, would love to read a longer work by Ms. Knight.  But perhaps I should save that for bedtime reading!
   To buy C.L. Knight’s eBook, Dirty Little Rich Girl, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment